Sunday, June 23, 2013

Idol Meeting ANJell

Today marks the second idol meeting within a week of being in Taiwan! We met the stars of Fabulous Boys (原來是美男)which is a Taiwanese TV show that has been remade from the original Korean show You’re Beautiful the band in the show is called ANJell. Once we heard they were going to be in Taichung  we knew we had to go and see them however, we found out later that they were only giving out 500 tickets to fans to get their soundtrack signed. After we heard that we knew we had to get to the mall which happened to be the same place where Vanness performed a week ago to get spots and also get tickets. Since we had been there before we knew exactly where to go and sit and wait, luckily we got there early because there were already 4 rows filled with people ready to see them. We were then waiting for Lana's friend Eva who was going to the fan meeting with us.

Once we knew they were going to be singing songs from the albums there had been a rumor that the main actor (Jiro Wang) wasn’t going to be there because he was filming. When we heard that we were sad but we still got to meet the 3 other stars in the drama and one happened to be Korean. Before they got to the stage we once again were pointed out at being the only foreigners from America  there so everyone in the crowd turned and stared. We then were asked by the announcer who was our favorite actor in the drama and we both said Evan Yo who plays Jeremy in the show. So of course the announcer had to point it out when the actors were on stage that Evan was our favorite which made me really embarrassed.


From the first idol meeting before I wasn’t sure if it was going to be the same or different in terms of organization. It turned out to be different in that instead of singing right away they told stories about behind the scenes filming and the drama. However before they told their stories we were pointed out to the actors that there were Americans in the crowd. Then after their stories Evan Yo took the stage and performed his 2 songs he sings for the album and my favorite was 好不好 (Be With Me). It was really funny to see when Evan was singing he would make eye contact with us and of course I was smiling from ear to ear and taking photos.

Once Evan was done singing then they would call out numbers to go on the stage and get the albums signed. I happened to be number 50 so when they were calling out numbers I raised my hand and was noticed once again. When I got to the stage the Korean actor was first (Hwang In Deok) and didn’t talk to me because it seemed he was very nervous about the American and was very shy. However when my copy got to the end of the table where Evan was sitting to sign my copy he was very talkative and could speak good English and asked where I was from and said Minnesota and he then thanked me for supporting them. But when Lana got up on the stage he then asked her if she was from Minnesota too and thanked her for supporting them too. It amazes me that being here a week I got to meet 4 actors/ singers and get their autographs, I know I will always remember these moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment