Friday, September 6, 2013

Lukang 鹿港

Monday Sept. 2nd I went to Lukang (鹿港) in the afternoon which is a small town that is close to Taichung to see more sights before I have to leave. After we got to Lukang and waited for a bus that did not show up because it was on a different schedule than the one we thought. Then we decided to take a taxi to the all glass temple because it was the farthest away. When we got there I wanted to look for glass souvenirs because it was the only glass place that I had been to. Then we looked through the glass museum where each person had to buy flip-flops because the floor and walls were glass which was really fun to see. I even got lost in the all glass museum because I couldn’t find the door that leads outside. After we were done we thought the bus to get back to the main part of town was running on the hour but it turned out that it was on the 2 hour rotation and determined we would go back because it was too dark to see anything else. We decided that we were going to bring back baozi (包子) for the landlord so we needed to leave early and come back later this week so I could see the rest of Lukang.


Wednesday and Thursday the landlord had foreigners coming that were going to attend Providence University. He asked if we could show them around the area and how to get to their school and we were more than willing to help. Wednesday was the day I went to pick up my transcript from Tunghai (東海) to make sure I passed my classes for the summer and it was good to know I passed.  Thursday after we got the 9 Germans, 2 French, and one Spaniard to their school we went back to Lukang and visited Matzu Temple and Old Street. Old Street I thought was fun to see the different style  of houses.

Once we got back to Taichung Lana told me about a bar on top of a hotel that had an amazing view of Taichung, so we went to see the sunset since it wasn’t raining and enjoyed a glass of wine. After I got back I was so exhausted from the busy week but still had to decide what I wanted to pack for traveling to South Korea Saturday. However, the date that I leave is getting so close and I want to do as much as I can before I have to leave because I know I will miss Taiwan.

No comments:

Post a Comment