Friday, September 27, 2013

Last days in Taiwan

Monday Sept. 16th was a day of packing after I sent out my clothes to be washed from the trip to South Korea. Then Dengxiong a friend from school wanted to have supper before I left for the states and knowing that the landlord also wanted to take me out to eat before I left we didn’t eat much.



However since we ate a small supper with Dengxiong, the landlord wanted to take us to eat before I left at what they thought had better dumplings than Din Tai Feng but Lana and I both thought that Din Tai Feng’s dumplings were better. Since I also said I didn’t eat steak in Taiwan we went for an after supper, supper and had a snack of really delicious steak. But since we had 2 suppers and now an after supper snack I was so full but they wanted to show us the night view in Taichung  which was really pretty and peaceful.

Tuesday Sept. 17th I finished packing everything in my suitcases turned out that I needed to use my carry on when I first came and now it became my second checked luggage. Turned out that I had more stuff than I originally thought I did. Then we went to Daiso so I could buy some face blotting paper that was really cheap and works really well. For my last meal in Taichung I wanted to eat dumplings at Din Tai Feng which was where I had my first meal in Taichung then I bought pineapple cake to bring back to the states. After we got back from lunch I decided to finish cleaning my room and then I took a nap because packing is really tiring. Once I got up from my nap I put the last touches on my now full suitcases and went to the office so I could get a final picture with the landlords.

We were then off to Taipei on Taiwan’s High Speed Rail (高鐵) which only took 45 minutes rather than riding a bus for 2 hours to go to a hot spring spa. After the high speed rail stopped at the mrt station we rode another line to the city that we were staying at then took a taxi to the spa. Since in Taiwan  I had wanted to go to a hot spring but had no time to go until now the night before I left it turned out it worked better that way. So were spending the night in Taipei to stay at a hot spring spa which had a hot spring on the roof so I could relax before my long flight Wednesday. When we got there they had a special voucher where people staying at the spa could cook eggs in a hot spring which we had never done but was fun.









Wednesday Sept. 18th we woke up at 5:30 am because I got airport pickup for 6 am predicting traffic would be bad and I didn’t want to miss my flight. But turned out there wasn’t much traffic and we got to the airport around 6:40 am then to check in my luggage that was 50 lbs and the other was 35 lbs. Next I needed to exchange Taiwanese money, go through security, find my gate and wait for my flight to Japan. Then wait in Japan for my flight to Minneapolis and since I can’t sleep on planes I got to watch many movies. But it felt good to be back in the states and see my family but I still miss the people in Taiwan that I call family.

No comments:

Post a Comment