Sunday, July 7, 2013

Before school starts: Taipei 台北


Saturday July 6th after a few days of rest after Hualien we decided to go to Taipei  before school starts and see some of the sites since it would be impossible to see everything the first time. We left at 8 am from the bus station and it is about 2 hour bus ride from Taichung to Taipei which felt like a short trip to me since I have gotten used to sleeping in buses. When we got to Taipei we decided that we were going to Taipei 101 which has the fastest elevator has an observatory to look out over the city. We then decided to go to Vapiano’s for lunch where I could pick the kind of pasta I wanted and the kind of noodles and the chefs would make while I watched them add fresh ingredients. Then we decided since we watch Fabulous Boys and they filmed in Taipei  we wanted to have ice cream at the same place where they filmed since we went to their fan meeting in Taichung


Once we were done eating ice cream I wanted to take the MRT and go to Xiao Zhu’s store in Ximending (西門町) which is the college part of Taipei. I wanted to go because I saw him in concert when we were in Hualien and wanted to see his store. After the store we then were going to meet one of our friends (James) that lived in Taipei and he was going to show us around except that it was raining. However he took us to Danshui (淡水) where there were vendors selling all kind of things on the street, except that we decided the downpour was too much so we went to watch the movie White House Down instead.
But after we got our tickets there was still time before the movie started so I decided that I needed to try the famous bubble tea that originated in Taiwan. Then after the movie we needed to go and get bus tickets for the ride home because the plan was on Sunday to recover from all the traveling we have done before school starts on Monday. It was fun too see Taipei and since there is much more to do in Taipei I will be back to see more sites!!


No comments:

Post a Comment